T 4 8 9 Sport exercises

              SPORT 
Vocabulary and quantity

 A. Vocabulary 

a.Complete the following phrases :

 1._________________ a record 
2.respect the rules = ______________________ the rules 
3.before a match the players sing their national __________________. 
4.If you take a _____________ substance you can be disqualified or 
5. _________________________ your medal.

 b.Translate : 

1. Il s’entraîne tous les jours pour gagner la médaille d’or. 
2. L’arbitre félicite les gagnants qui viennent de battre un record.
 3. La cérémonie d’ouverture des Jeux Olympiques était remarquable. La prochaine sera repoussée. 
4. Il se drogue, ce qui discrédite le mythe du héros. 
5. Dans quel but prend-elle des stéroïdes ?

 B. Quantity 

 a.Classify the following nouns : 

champion, swimmer, hour, work, job, money, supporter, water, courage, endurance, insinuation, week, dedication

            Countable ?                or                         Uncountable ?





 b.Complete with much, many, (a) little, (a) few 

1.M. Phelp has got __________________fans, but he has ____________________ friends. 
2.I think he has won __________________ money.
 3.I have ___________________ money. That will be enough to buy the newspaper.
 4.I don’t have ___________________ time. I cannot stay here to watch the match.
 5.He is very happy but he has ____________________ problems: for example the journalists always follow him.

Commentaires